Five keys to maintaining your Houston slab foundation.
I am a Texas Professional Structural Engineer and I specialize in evaluating the structural performance of slab-on-ground foundations for single family houses. For over 30 years I have seen houses every work-day that show signs of damage from foundation movement that is caused, at least in part, by a lack of proper maintenance. This site will show you the five most important things you can do to properly maintain you slab foundation. The information in this site may enable to save tens of thousands of dollar in foundation related repair costs.
- Properly watering your foundation.
- When, where and how to use root barriers.
- Establishing and maintaining proper foundation drainage.
- What to do about bare ground areas.
- How to manage roof water runoff and other types of water runoff.
To get started, please watch the video below to learn the fundamentals of how slab-on-ground foundations. Then, visit each of the pages that address the keys to properly maintaining your foundation.